You got your inflatable mattress to accommodate extra guests or to camp with luxury. But what do you do when you find it deflated and saggy in the morning? Fear not!
You don’t have to toss it; there are efficient ways to bring it back to life. This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions for repairing, patching, cleaning, folding, and storing your inflatable mattress.
How to Find a Leak in an Inflatable Mattress
The first step in solving any problem is identifying it. If your mattress is losing air, you need to find the leak.
The Soap Water Method
- Inflate the mattress.
- Prepare a mixture of soap and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray it on the mattress and watch for bubbles to form. These bubbles indicate the source of the leak.
The Underwater Method
Alternatively, you can submerge sections of the inflated mattress in a tub of water and look for escaping air bubbles.
How to Repair an Inflatable Mattress
Once you’ve located the leak, the next step is to repair it.
- Alcohol wipes
- Mattress repair kit or strong adhesive
- Clean the area around the leak with an alcohol wipe.
- Apply the adhesive from your mattress repair kit to the leak.
- Press down firmly and hold for at least a minute to ensure a good bond.
- Let it dry completely before using it again.
How to Patch an Inflatable Mattress
In some cases, a simple repair might not suffice. For bigger cuts or tears, a patch might be necessary.
- Cut out a patch from any airtight, waterproof material.
- Use strong adhesive to stick the patch over the damaged area.
- Apply pressure and let it dry.
Using a Patch Kit
Many mattresses come with patch kits that include pre-cut patches and adhesives designed for this purpose.
How to Clean an Inflatable Mattress
Cleaning your inflatable mattress is crucial to prolonging its lifespan and maintaining hygiene.
- Mild soap
- Soft cloth
- Create a mixture of water and mild soap.
- Use a soft cloth to apply the mixture to the mattress surface.
- Wipe it clean with a water-dampened cloth.
How to Fold an Inflatable Mattress
Folding your mattress correctly can prevent future leaks or damages.
Steps to Follow
- Deflate the mattress completely.
- Fold it in half lengthwise and then fold it again.
- Roll it tightly, starting from one end, pushing out any trapped air as you go.
- Store it in its carrying case or a box.
How to Store an Inflatable Mattress
Storing the mattress properly is equally important to ensure its longevity.
- Store it in a cool, dry place.
- Don’t place heavy objects on top of it.
- Use a storage bag to keep it dust-free.
Repairing your inflatable mattress isn’t as daunting as it seems. With the right techniques and a little patience, you can give your inflatable mattress a new lease of life.
From finding and fixing leaks to cleaning and storing it correctly, you now have all the know-how to ensure your mattress stays in peak condition. So the next time your inflatable mattress decides to go limp on you, remember: You’ve got this covered - literally and figuratively!
$1,350 in savings
Unlock your ultimate sleep solution with Puffy.
Explore our award-winning Puffy mattress collection with these extra luxury benefits:
- Award-winning comfort.
- Lifetime warranty.
- 101-night sleep trial.
- Free shipping and returns.
- 100% made in USA.